The Incredible Golden Triangle Mountains Motorcycle Tour
This price is intended by person and for a pair of a pilot and a pillion.
- 1990€ / rider
- 1640€ / passenger
- 236€ Supplement for a private room
- A Royal Enfield 500cc motorcycle with full mechanical assistance and all spare parts
- Domestic transfers by private vehicle
- An English speaking Tour Leader (from day 2 to day 6)
- Fuel expenses
- An expert Royal Enfield motorcycle mechanic
- A support vehicle with driver for groups with 4 or more participants
- Side luggage carrier for groups of less than 4 participants
- Accommodation: in standard hotels with twin (two single beds) or triple (three single beds) bedroom. People travelling alone will share a twin or triple bedroom with one or two other participants. If you wish to stay in a single room (extra), please inform your travel advisor at the time of registration.
- Meals: Half board meals during riding days (except during days of transfer: day 1, day 7)
- Third party motorcycle insurance
Price Does Not Include:
- Compulsory insurances: an insurance covering on-site medical expenses
- Repatriation insurance, which covers you in case of 2 wheels accident (large motorcycle) in -Thailand
- International flights and airport taxes
- Visa fees
- A refundable security deposit of 600 € for every motorcycle
- Dinners Meals outside riding days (day 1 and day 7)
- Admission fees to various monuments, temples etc.
- Souvenirs and personal expenses Drinks Tips
You have a 100€ discount per person for a group reservation equal or higher than 4 people
Day 1 Chiang Mai
After you arrive at the airport, you will be transferred to the hotel. Make the most out of this first day to discover Chiang Mai, the great urban center of North Thailand! Ideally located in the heart of former Kingdom of Lanna, its architectural heritage features a breathtaking 300 temples!
Be sure to visit the Wat Chiang Man, stroll around the city’s various markets, the Talad Waroot or famous night market where you can taste your first Thai specialty cuisine.
Day 2 Chiang Mai – Chiang Dao
160 km - 4h30 of riding
The first day of one of the most special Thailand motorcycle tours will begin by us heading north for four or five hours through Chiang Mai’s gardens, going up the banks of Ping river. You will see the first of many lovely rice fields on a quiet undulating road. Then we will ascend into the foothills to cross the luxuriant crest which separates you from the Mae Taeng valley.
At the end of the day, we will arrive in Chiang Dao, a small hamlet nested at the foothills of an impressive mountain, famous for its ancient Buddhist temples and its cave full of history.
Day 3 Chiang Dao – Tha Ton
200 km - 6h30 of riding
Get ready for a long day on motorcycle tours Thailand in the morning, you discover the first karst (limestone) cliffs emerging from a dense forest, dotted with majestic trees along the road. Continue up north towards the Burmese border through changing landscapes that grow increasingly wild. The road will propel you quickly towards Doi Angkhang, as we reach an altitude of almost 2000 meters (6000 ft.). This summit and its views on the surrounding countryside are one of the most unique in the world! After a traditional meal in the village of Ban Luang, we will descend into the great plain of Fang and finish this day in the small town of Thaton, where you will see a few long Tail boats on the banks of the Kok River.
Day 4 Thaton – Golden Triangle
110 km - 4h of riding
The adventure continues north, closer to the Burmese border, progressing on small mountain roads breathtaking. After crossing the Fang Plain, we climb up to Doi Mae Salong, known for its Chinese mountain village, Santikhiri. In the Botanical Garden of Mae Fah Luang, coffee and tea crops have replaced the vibrant colors of the poppy. Small side roads crisscrossing the border of the Burmese border and the Mekong to Chiang Saen and you are in the heart of the “Golden Triangle”. Night in a comfort hotel.
Day 5 Golden Triangle - Chiang Rai
110 km - 3h of riding
On the way to the South to discover the Mekong! On your way, you will walk along the fruit plantations and rice fields before reaching Chiang Rai at lunch time. After eating a good meal, you will have the whole afternoon to visit the Bandam Museum, Wat Huai Pla Kung and the famous White Temple. A rich afternoon of discovery awaits you! Night in a comfort hotel.
Day 6 Chiang Rai – Chiang Mai
230 km - 5h30 of riding
You get on your mounts for a last day of motorcycle in Thailand south-west direction to Hayao. A short break in this provincial capital, at the edge of a large lake with views of the mountains. You continue on beautiful forest roads, and even a little track until lunch, on the banks of Mae Kuang. You then take the main road that leads you to Chiang Mai for the last 100 km of the circuit, where you will find civilization and traffic. Last night in Chiang Mai to do some shopping or simply to enjoy a last Thai massage. Night in a standard hotel in the center.