An elevated tour in the heart of India
This price corresponds to a price per person for a trip and a passenger.
2990 € : Price for one rider alone
2660 € : Price for one passenger
765 € : Supplement for a private room
Price includes :
- An Enfield 500 motorcycle (2015 model and mechanical parts)
- Land transfers as provided for in the program by private vehicle
- Delhi – Leh round trip by plane (Maximum hold baggage 15kg)
- Supervision: a French speaking motorcycle guide (from J2 to J12)
- The assistance of a local team: mechanic and driver of the assistance vehicle from 4 participants
- An assistance vehicle and equipment carrying for groups from 4 people
- Saddlebags for groups of less than 4 persons
- Accommodation: in standard hotel, in Twin room (two single beds) or Triple (3 single beds).
- Single travelers will share a Twin or Triple room with one or two other participants.
- Meals: Full board (breakfasts, lunches and dinners during motorcycle days)
- Third party motorcycle insurance
Price doesn’t :
- Compulsory insurance: insurance covering on-site medical expenses
- Assistance Repatriation, which covers you in case of accidents of 2 wheels (big engine)
- Legal assistance
- Visa fees
- International flights
- A deposit of 400 € per driver
- Bank charges
- Meals outside motorcycle days (D1, D13, D14, D15)
- Drinks (tea, coffee, cold drinks, …)
- Memories and personal expenses
- The entries in the temples, monuments and museums planned in the program
You have 100€ discount per person for a group reservation equal or higher than 4 people
Day 1 Arrive in Delhi
Welcome to the beginning of your motorcycle tours in India. You’re met at the airport and transferred to your hotel in central Delhi. Enjoy free time and a night’s rest at the hotel.
Day 2 Delhi - Leh
Head to the Delhi airport for the flight to Leh, the capital of Ladakh. An eye-opening walk is available for fit members of the group while the others can rest while adjusting to the altitude.
Day 3 Leh - Lamayuru
The big departure of our motorbike tours India! Cross the awesome gorges of the Indus River before riding the Khargil road. We head to Lamayuru; a monastery perched on a clifftop is the most prestigious Tibetan gompa in Ladakh.
Day 4 Lamayuru - Temisgam
We make our way towards the east with the Zanskar region by taking the Fotu La pass. Leaving the nice paved road for rougher trails, we cross a mountainous chain via a small valley joining the Indus River. We follow the sacred river through little villages immersed in Tibetan-Buddhist culture. Finally, we reach the village of Temisgam.
Day 5 Temisgam - Leh
Today, we ride back to Leh. During this short 90-kilometer stage, we admire and visit several remarkable monasteries. Visit the Likir monastery or the amazing Phyang Monastery and its 900 years-old museum.
Day 6 Leh - Hunder
Climb an endlessly winding road to Khardung La. A 5,600-meters, it is the world’s highest drivable pass. To the south, stands a magical vista of the Zanskar Mountains while the soaring Karakorum range is to the north. Time stands still as we gaze upon this breathtaking landscape.
Day 7 Hunder - Summor
We enjoy this lighter day of motorcycle tours in India to appreciate the beautiful natural wonders of Nubra Valley. If the weather is good then we will go to Turtuk, a forgotten village at the edge of the valley near the Chinese border. Later, we head towards Summor Valley where we will stop for the night.
Day 8 Summor - Leh
An early morning departure takes us on a small asphalt road along the river Shyok. We stop in the village of Diskit to visit the monastery dating back over 350-years. Enjoy a picnic on the banks of the river before taking the road to the 5,200-meter Wari La Pass. Finally, we ride back down into the Indus valley.
Day 9 Leh - Tso Kar lake
After leaving behind the Indus River and 6,400-meter Kang Yatse mountain, we tackle the climb up to Tanglang La. At 5,328-meters, the road is the world’s second highest drivable pass. Along a sandy trail, our motorcycle tours India take us to Tso Kar Salt Lake set in a breathtaking lunar landscape.
Day 10 Tso Kar lake - Tso Moriri lake
We travel deep into Rupshu Via a sandy, and sometimes stony trail into the most remote region of Ladakh. There we hit the famous turquoise lake, Tso Moriri. Enjoy an unguided visit of Korzok village, one of the few in Rupshu, and its small monastery or a walk along the lake.
Day 11 Tso Moriri lake - Leh
The road back to Leh is a biker’s dream, complete with smooth asphalt and virtually no traffic. The winding road along the gorge shadows the river. The valley gradually widens and reaches monumental dimensions upon approach the capital Ladakh.
Day 12 Leh
Enjoy a free day and a well-deserved rest. Optional visits to Stok Palace, the Shanti Stupa, and the city’s markets for souvenir shopping are available.
Day 13 Leh - Delhi
Morning transfer to Leh airport for the flight to Delhi. Transfer to your hotel once in Delhi.
Day 14 Delhi
Free day in Delhi, the massive and hectic capital of India. Amongst the frenzy, true havens of peace exist. Relax in the Garden of Lodhi, admire the modern architecture of the Lotus Temple, discover the small Taj Mahal of the capital, and the tomb of UNESCO World Heritage site Humayun.